Pawcademy Class Policies
Pre-registration is required for all classes. There are no-drop in classes at this time. Your registration will be confirmed upon receiving your registration form, payment, and liability waiver (unless you already have a waiver on file). If you require assistance with registration, please contact us. By completing the registration process you agree that you have read and understand all Pawcademy policies.
Must be received with registration, processed through our website.
REFUNDS AND MISSED CLASSES
There are no refunds or make-up classes for missed classes.
DOG & HANDLER SAFETY
Dogs must remain on leash at all times, unless instructed by a Pawcademy trainer. This includes in the parking lot and entering and exiting the building.
Please do not allow your dog to approach other dogs once on the Pawcademy grounds. Not all dogs like to be approached on-leash and it helps to avoid unnecessary arousal during classes.
If your dog has issues with aggression or fear, please contact us before registering for a class, as a class may not be the most suitable situation for your dog. Private coaching is available, and this may be the better option for you and your dog.
We ask that dogs in heat do not attend class.
HEALTH & VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
For the safety of all dogs, any dog attending class must be healthy and free from any infectious disease or parasite. Dogs who are ill or infected with parasites may not attend class until cleared by a veterinarian.
Puppies (Less than 16 weeks)
At least one Distemper-Adenovirus 2-Parvo (DAP) vaccine or equivalent administered by a veterinarian a minimum of 10 days prior to starting class
Bordetella vaccine administered atleast 7 days before class starting
Puppy should be healthy:
- No vomiting or diarrhea
- Free of any coughing, sneezing, or yellow or green nasal or eye discharge
- Free of skin lesions or hair loss
- Free of fleas and/or ticks
- Your veterinarian considers your puppy healthy and free of any contagious diseases
Vaccines must be kept up to date with your veterinarians recommendations.
At least three Distemper-Adenovirus 2-Parvo (DAP) vaccine or equivalent administered by a veterinarian a minimum of 10 days prior to starting class.
Bordetella vaccine administered at least 7 days before class starting
- Payment in full is required to be registered for class.
- Classes are non-transferable.
- Waivers are required to be submitted before the first class
- You must attend the first week of classes.
- There are no refunds, please ensure you can attend the classes you have signed up for.
- There are no make-up classes, if you can not attend a class, a trainer can provide you with what was missed for review the following week.
Attendance to the first class is mandatory. It is recommended that you attend all class as we build on skills learnt from previous classes as the weeks progress.
By signing our waiver and acknowledging the COVID-19 safety precautions, you are keeping all animals and people in attendance safe. Any attendee who does not follow the rules may be asked to leave the facility.
- Face masks are worn upon entering the facility.
- Application of hand sanitizer upon entering the facility
- One handler is permitted per dog, unless discussed and approved prior to class.
- Waivers must be signed and emailed before class. Please do not bring a paper copy.
- A maximum of 10 handlers/dogs will be permitted in each class
- The facility and all equipment will be sanitized in between classes, please promptly leave class to allow for cleaning time.
- Handlers must maintain 2 meter physical distancing whenever possible
- Trainers may occasionally enter your space to assist with your dog, but otherwise will maintain 2 meter distance.
Please do not attend class if you are symptomatic, awaiting test results, have received a positive test result, have been outside the country in the previous 2 weeks or have been in direct contact with someone with COVID-19.